The seller’s inspection: Leverage for home sellers.
Smart home sellers are deciding to get their homes inspected before putting them up for sale. These types of inspections are “Seller’s Inspections or Pre-Listing Inspections”. A seller’s inspection is equal to a buyer’s inspection. Except the client is the person selling the home, not the person buying it.
Save money before selling
Hiring Shelter West Home Inspections to perform a seller’s inspection, can save you money. You will gain an understanding of your home’s existing conditions. Before the buyer’s inspector finds them. I will identify problem areas and safety issues that need your attention now. Which you can fix or replace to lessen leverage that the buyer could use against you. By having a seller’s inspection done you can turn your home into a “buyer friendly” home. You won’t regret it.
Public or Private?
As the seller you may choose to make the inspection report public, or you may decide to keep it private. A public inspection report can help to present an attractive property for potential buyers. It can give them better peace of mind. With a private report you will have a powerful negotiation tool. This can speed up the buying process.
Not convinced? Here are some more advantages of a seller’s inspection:
- You will see your home through the eyes of a critical third-party.
- You will be better positioned to price your home.
- It permits you to make needed repairs ahead of time. Limiting negotiating stumbling blocks later.
- Lessen delays in obtaining the Use and Occupancy permit.
- You will have plenty of time to get contractors or yourself (if qualified) to pull permits. Or make needed repairs.
- Buyer may choose to waive the inspection contingency.
- It reduces your liability by adding professional supporting documentation to your disclosure statement.
- Alerts you to immediate safety issues (such as, structural deficiencies). Before agents, buyer’s or their inspectors tour the home.
I believe that a safe home is paramount. Since buying or selling a home is one of life’s most important financial decisions, how your home functions and is it safe is crucial.