Homes are just like everything else that we own, they need regular maintenance.
Even observant homeowners can, over time, miss small problems or forget about performing some routine home maintenance. Finding problems early is crucial in lowering home ownership costs, as well as help increase property value. Hiring me to do a “maintenance inspection” can help you keep your home in good condition.
A maintenance inspection is different than a normal home inspection. During the maintenance inspection I will help you develop a “priority plan.” I will also inform you how to track your home’s performance throughout the year. The focus of the report is geared toward the scheduled maintenance for your home.
You will receive a detailed, but easy to read, written report that is geared specifically to scheduled maintenance for your home.
I divide the maintenance inspection report into 3 simple sections:
- Critical Items (problems that need attention now)
- Deferred Items (things that should fixed soon)
- Future Items (things to watch, but are not urgent)
Benefits to having a Shelter West maintenance inspection:
- Helps maintain a healthy and safe environment for your family.
- Gives you help in planning how and when to spend in regards to major expenditures in your home.
- Allows me to explain how your home operates, and how to take care of it.
- You receive a full day of one on one time to have me answer any questions you may have.
- Helps maximize the value of your real estate investment.
The biggest benefit: I am not selling any kind of repair service to you! I am an unbiased advocate, my only purpose is to give you accurate information about your home.
I recommend that you consider having a maintenance inspection every 2 – 4 years. Being proactive about home maintenance can cost you a lot less money over time.