Buying, selling or maintaining a house is a big responsibility.
Get peace of mind with a House Inspection.
The House Inspection that I conduct for you is a thorough education about the actual condition of the house. Smart home owners know that “knowledge is king” when investing in a house. So my house inspection will inform you about what is unsafe, what needs repair and what needs replacement.
Given that seeing problems with your own eyes helps you understand them better. I specifically encourage all my clients to join me on-site for the inspection. Being involved with the inspection is important because I give information to you in two ways.
- To begin with, I provide a verbal report onsite about the safety devices, what major issues were found and answer any questions.
- Then second, I complete a comprehensive and custom digital report within 24 hours.
So it is in your best interest to attend the inspection, because you will then find the oral and written reports much easier to understand.
Your Narrative Digital Report
With your best interest in mind, I provide you with an inspection report that is concise and straightforward. Likewise I write it using clear and easy to read sentences, not check boxes. To help explain my observations the report will also have photographs and diagrams. Also I custom design each report based on our unique climate. As an illustration, click the link below to see my sample report:
Time & Support
In order to produce the best house inspection possible, the time I take to complete a house inspection will be a minimum of 4 hours, depending on the size of the home and its condition. As well as how many questions you have, (I love questions!).
Then after the inspection, I offer free telephone support to answer questions and provide advice. Finally, this complimentary service is available 7 days a week, for the the entire time you own the home.
Included In The Inspection
Below is a list of some of the numerous items included in the house inspection.
- Lot grading/Drainage
- Exterior walls/trim components/soffit
- Evidence of Pest and Inspect Infiltration
- Plumbing system/ Water Heater/Fixtures
- Toilets/Sinks/Bathtubs/Sump pumps
- Heating/Cooling Systems
- Attached/Detached Garages/Safety Devices
- Electrical Systems/Safety concerns
- Interior Walls/Flooring/Ceiling/Cabinets/Doors
- Smoke/Carbon detectors
- Natural/Mechanical Ventilation systems
- Insulation/Air & Vapor Barriers (when visible)
- Permanently Installed Appliances
- Moisture Scans of Wet Rooms
- Sub-Standard Workmanship & Materials
Bottom Line: Peace of Mind
To help you know that you made the right choice during this process; chiefly, you can take comfort that I am insured, bonded and licensed by the Province of British Columbia. Furthermore, I am a member of the Home Inspectors Association of British Columbia (HIABC).
In conclusion, you will gain the peace of mind that any decision you make for your home is an informed one.