Take advantage of the opportunity to get a seller’s inspection before listing your home for sale.
Smart home sellers are deciding to get their homes inspected before putting them up for sale. These types of inspections are “Seller’s Inspections or Pre-Listing Inspections”. A seller’s inspection is equal to a buyer’s inspection. Except the client is the person selling the home, not the person buying it.
Save money before selling
Hiring Shelter West Home Inspections to perform a seller’s inspection, can save you money. You will gain an understanding of your home’s existing conditions. Before the buyer’s inspector finds them. I will identify problem areas and safety issues that need your attention now. Which you can fix or replace to lessen leverage that the buyer could use against you. By having a seller’s inspection done you can turn your home into a “buyer friendly” home. You won’t regret it.
Public or Private?
As the seller you may choose to make the inspection report public, or you may decide to keep it private. A public inspection report can help to present an attractive property for potential buyers. It can give them better peace of mind. With a private report you will have a powerful negotiation tool. This can speed up the buying process.
Not convinced? Here are some more advantages of a seller’s inspection:
- You will see your home through the eyes of a critical third-party.
- You will be better positioned to price your home.
- It permits you to make needed repairs ahead of time. Limiting negotiating stumbling blocks later.
- Lessen delays in obtaining the Use and Occupancy permit.
- You will have plenty of time to get contractors or yourself (if qualified) to pull permits. Or make needed repairs.
- Buyer may choose to waive the inspection contingency.
- It reduces your liability by adding professional supporting documentation to your disclosure statement.
- Alerts you to immediate safety issues (such as, structural deficiencies). Before agents, buyer’s or their inspectors tour the home.
I believe that a safe home is paramount. Since buying or selling a home is one of life’s most important financial decisions, how your home functions and is it safe is crucial.